5 Kids TV Shows I Loved as a Kid
1. Fraggle Rock - Down at Fraggle Rock. I always wondered if Doozer sticks tasted like marshmallows
2. Mr. Wizard - He made science fun and my mother scream in frustration as I tried to do all the experiments in the kitchen
3. The Muppet Show - Man I loved that show
4. You Can’t Do that On Television - Strangely I always wanted to be slimed.
5. Ren and Stimpy - Our country reeks of trees, our yaks are really large, and they smell like rotting beef carcasses. And we have to clean up after them, and our saddle sores are the best. We proudly wear women's clothing and searing sand blows up our skirts. And the buzzards they soar overhead, and poisonous snakes will devour us whole, and our bones will bleach in the sun. And we will probably go to...
Honorable Mentions Go To: Thundercats, Jem and The Holograms, Animaniacs, 3-2-1 Contact, Reading Rainbow, Saved by the Bell and Double Dare
5 Shows I Loved before I graduated High School
1. Macgyver – mullet love. The original geek hottie.
2. 21 Jump Street –Johnny Depp, Richard Grieco, Peter Deluise, Dustin Nguyen, what more could a hormonal teenager need? I so wanted to go to the high school where Johnny Depp worked undercover.
3. Family Ties - I loved Alex P Keaton. Also, I learned what SCUBA stood for after Mallory was on a game show. Still have it memorized to this day.
4. Highlander - Who wants to live forever? I do if Methos is involved. Duncan’s not bad either. What can I say. I have a thing for men and swords.
5. Star Trek: The Nest Generation - Hereby declaring my geek status, I was a Picard fan. By far the sexiest captain.
Honorable Mentions go to: Amazing Stories, Remote Control, Quantum Leap, Doogie Howser, Tour of Duty, Life Goes On, My So Called Life, Twin Peaks and Friday the 13th: The Series
5 TV Characters Who Need to Profess their Undying Love/Lust To Me
1. Fox Mulder (X-Files) - I believe in aliens and the beauty that is Mulder in jeans and a white t-shirt
2. Spike (Buffy/Angel) –the snarkiness, the cheekbones, the hip bones…sigh
3. Ned (Pushing Daisies) - how can you not adore him. Plus he’d make me pie. Also he’s tall which is a plus for a 6 ft tall girl such as myself. I could even wear heels.
4. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly) – Captain Tightpants/No pants, how do I love/lust after thee, let me count the ways. He’s a big damn hero. I love my Captain.
5. Joe Dubois (Medium) – the perfect husband with Jake Weber’s face. In fact I think it must be a rule that if you’re psychic you get a handsome, completely understanding and loving husband…see Medium and Ghost Whisperer
Honorable Mention – General Jack O’Neil (Stargate) - Snarkiness is sexy. Plus there’s that long standing crush I had on Macgyver
5 Current Guilty Pleasure TV Shows
1. America’s Next Top Model - Kind of like watching a car wreck. You just can’t take your eyes away. Models are just so much fun to watch. They’re *all* crazy. Plus, I dig seeing the picture results
2. Survivor - I don’t watch every season, but now and again I find myself watching it. Though I must admit it takes me about 20 minutes to watch a 42 minute show thanks to the wonder that is Tivo/DVR
3. Moonlight - This show is fairly bad. Dialogue is horrible sometimes and the acting fairly wooden. But it is about vampires and pretty boys with fangs make Smirking Revenge a happy camper
4. Ace of Cakes - They make fun shaped cakes. Also, I have a girly crush on Mary-Alice. She’s spiffy.
5. La Ink - Hmm, I just noticed that almost all of my guilty pleasures are reality type shows. Anyway, love LA Ink. If I had enough money to pay for Hannah or Corey to tattoo my body, I would. They rock.
5 Past Guilty Pleasure TV Shows
1. Seaquest DSV - Any show that had a talking dolphin was ace in my book
2. Forever Knight - Did I mention I dig vampires. By the way Canadian based genre shows are so much fun to watch. For the record.
3. Silk Stalkings - This show aired on USA in the early 90’s. Kind of a Special Victims lite with Rob Estes and Mitzi Kapture. However, I *loved* the show, but stopped watching after those two left the show.
4. Beauty and the Beast - I still actually have a soundtrack that is Ron Perlman as the Beast reciting poetry such as Tennyson and Keats set to music. It was a good show.
5. Wishbone - I know this was a show for kids, but even when I was in college I used to watch reruns. He was so cute, as Jack Russell’s are, and acting out the classics. I think
Honorable Mentions: Tales From the Crypt, Rescue 911, American Gladiators (original), Blossom, Xena: Warrior Princess, and Night Court
5 TV Moments I Still Remember (And Probably Won't Forget) – Reality Based
1. The Challenger Explosion - I was just a kid and sitting in my science class. I don’t think it really hit what happened until my teacher started crying.
2. 9/11 - I remember sending my dad home to Newark early that morning scared to death that he was on one of the planes. As a Jersey girl it hit home especially considering how many times I had been to the towers.
3. Princess Diana Dies - I met my best friend that night. I remember being shell shocked, staggering out into the dorm hallway numbly saying that Princess Diana was dead after she complimented me on a killer room. She didn’t believe me and thought I had an odd sense of humor. We bonded. It was a weird night.
4. Baby Jessica - First off, if you have a well in the backyard. Don’t let the kids play around, on or in it. All joking aside, I remember being riveted to the tv hoping that the little girl would be saved.
5. 1996 Summer Olympics - I am not a big sports fan or at least watching sports on television. However, I tend be glued to my tv during the Olympics winter or summer. That year I was on a gymnastics high. Post Olympics I remember a skit Chris Kattan did on Saturday Night Live as Keri Strug…I know it is, isn’t it.
5 TV Moments I Still Remember (And Probably Won't Forget) – Show Based
1. ‘The Body’ (Buffy The Vampire Slayer) - Anya wonders why Joyce had to die. It is probably the best depiction of what its like to deal with death hands down. The absence of a score throughout the episode makes it even better.
2. ‘Maelstrom’ (Battlestar Galactica) - I was strangely depressed after this episode. I went through heavy bits of denial and I don’t know whether I was more shocked at Kara giving up or seeing Daddy Adama almost lose it. One of the reasons this show is so utterly fantastic.
3. The Killer is Revealed (Twin Peaks) - Whoa, really? The entire series had been working up to that point and the subsequent murder of Maddie while the rest are over at the Roadhouse. Great television. At least for me.
4. Borg Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation) - Resistance is futile. A great episode with a great villain.
5. Ross and Rachel’s First Kiss (Friends) - I was a big Friends fan and Ross and Rachel were my OTP. To see them finally kiss made me all warm and fuzzy inside. He’s her lobster.
5 TV Theme Songs I Know (and Love) By Heart
1. Tiny Toons Theme (Tiny Toons)
2. We Used To Be Friends by the Dandy Warhols (Veronica Mars)
3. Buffy Theme Song by Nerf Herder (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) - I know it has no words, but I dance every time I hear it. I cant help it
4. Fresh Prince of Bel-air - Now this is the story about how my life got flipped, turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air.
5. Scooby Doo Theme Song - Yeah Scooby
Honorable Mentions go to mostly because they are score types – X-Files, The Simpsons, Battlestar Galactica, Angel Theme Song, House, but a shout out goes to the Friends theme, Cheers theme, Firefly and Malcolm in the Middle because its They Might Be Giants.
5 Shows I Just Can't Get Into (even though everyone else seems to love them)
1. Seinfeld - There always seemed to be two camps, you either loved Friends or you loved Seinfeld. I was a Friends girl. I just didn’t get Seinfeld at all
2. Grey’s Anatomy - Meh. I tried and failed. Just not my thing
3. Law and Orders - Occasionally I will catch an episode on TNT, but for the most part Law and Order and its many spin offs don’t really whet my appetite. Which is weird since I dig CSI.
4. Desperate Housewives - I was going to try and watch because of Nathan Fillion, but couldn’t. I was *so* bored. Sad, cause Nathan’s pretty.
5. 24 - The first couple of seasons rocked, but then it just couldn’t hold my interest. I swear Jack has to be the unluckiest man *ever*. One really horrible, no good very bad day was bad enough, but then he keeps having them.
5 Channels I Go To First When I Sit Down to Watch TV
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Posted by Smirking Revenge at 11:34 AM