Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Top Five Fictional Restaurants


Hard to pick just five, but...

1. Milliways (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams): Kind of a nobrainer for me. Plus dinner and a show and what a show it is.

2. Mos Eisley Cantina (Star Wars Trilogy): I always wanted to go there. I hear they have great music. Plus any chance to meet Han and seduce him before he falls for Leia is fine by me.

3. The Leaky Cauldron (Harry Potter series by JK Rowling): So I can pretend not to be a muggle. Who wants to be a muggle anyway? I would be so awesome at magic.

4. The Bronze (Buffy series): Great bands and such (Even Aimee Mann who hates ‘vampire’ towns). Granted it all got sucked up into the Hellmouth, but I'd visit and party pre-destruction. Especially if I could corner Spike. *le sigh* Spike.

5. The Prancing Pony (Lord of the Rings by Tolkien): They have pints! And also ruggedly handsome men named Strider.

Runners up would include: The Central Perk (Friends), The Pie Hole (Pushing Daisies), Strangefellows (Nightside series by Simon R Green), Vianne's chocolate shop (Chocolat) and Eric's nightclub (Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris)

No comments: